Download Darker (Screen Filter) for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the Darker (Screen Filter) for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the Darker (Screen Filter) on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install Darker (Screen Filter) for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the Darker (Screen Filter) on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Darker (Screen Filter) on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Darker (Screen Filter) for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the Darker (Screen Filter) on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the Darker (Screen Filter) and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install Darker (Screen Filter) for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the Darker (Screen Filter) on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the Darker (Screen Filter) and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the Darker (Screen Filter) and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
Darker (Screen Filter)
|App Name||Darker (Screen Filter)|
|Update||October 20, 2021|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
Darker (Screen Filter) FAQs, Guide, and Features
Darker can lower your screen brightness to extremely low levels, to help prevent eyestrain during the night. Use the built-in color filter* to adjust the color of your display, perfect for filtering out harsh white backgrounds during the night.
This app is fully functional and does not include advertisements. Additional paid features are unlockable through an In-app purchase.
Xiaomi device / MIUI users need to go to Settings → Installed apps → Darker → Other permissions, and enable “Display pop-up window” for Darker to work correctly.
Paid features include:
» Auto-On & Auto-Off
» Start at boot
» Lower brightness below 20%
» Darken navigation bar
» Custom filter colors
» Root mode
» Customizable notification buttons
• Up to three buttons can be added for quick access.
• Buttons to increase and decrease the brightness (+5%, -5%, +10%, -10%)
• Buttons to set a specific brightness (@0%, @10%, @20%, … , @90%, @100%)
• Quick toggles (stop, pause, reset, color filter)
Note: When manually installing APK files, Android blocks the “Install” button from being pressed when Darker is running. This is NOT a bug. It’s a protective measure to prevent malicious apps from camouflaging the install button. Pausing Darker will solve this.
*The color filter is similar to how the desktop version of f.lux works. Selecting a redder color will reduce more bluelight emitted from the display.
Darker has Tasker support, use these intents to send commands to Darker:
Add the above intents to Tasker by going to Action Category→System→Send Intent→Action, leave the other fields default, and note that the intents are case sensitive.
These two intents below need an additional parameter in the “Extra” field
darker.SETCOLOR “Extra” field: COLOR:1~16 (Colors are numbered left to right, top to bottom)
darker.COLORSTRENGTH “Extra” field: STRENGTH:1~10
The intent below needs the “Target” field set to “Service”
Darker can work in conjunction with FlickStart, an app which can send commands to Darker by using the sensors on your phone or Android Wear device.
The command set for Darker is available for download on the FlickStart website. Simply download the command set and import it into FlickStart.
– Darker now works correctly on Android 12 devices!
The Darker (Screen Filter) is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.