Download micro:bit for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the micro:bit for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the micro:bit on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install micro:bit for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the micro:bit on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the micro:bit on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install micro:bit for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the micro:bit on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the micro:bit and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install micro:bit for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the micro:bit on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the micro:bit and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the micro:bit and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
|Developer||Micro:bit Educational Foundation|
|Update||December 11, 2020|
|Requirement||5.0 and up|
micro:bit FAQs, Guide, and Features
The best bits
• Create games on your phone then ‘flash’ them on to your micro:bit to get playing – no wires or cables needed!
• Snap a selfie by connecting your phone or tablet, and use your micro:bit as a remote control
• Never miss your mates again – now you can code your micro:bit to wake up and tell you when you’re getting a call or text
What’s in the app?
There are four areas to explore:
Discover takes you to the official website where you can find code ideas from other micro:bit fans. There’s loads of cool stuff to try out.
Create Code allows you to use the micro:bit MakeCode editor. You can also go back and edit code you’ve already created.
Connect is where you can go to pair your phone or tablet to your micro:bit. Choose the device you’d like to connect to through a secure Bluetooth pairing.
Flash is where the fun begins: send a program from your phone or tablet and see it on your micro:bit!
read phone status and identity – This permission is used to allow the micro:bit to read basic state information of the phone. The user can write code on the micro:bit to react to these different states e.g. whether the display is on or off or a call or SMS message is received
receive text messages (SMS) – The micro:bit can react to different events on the phone and vice versa. This permission allows the user to make the micro:bit react in the event the user receives an SMS message. The message contents and details are not used or stored by the application.
take pictures and videos – The user can programme the micro:bit to send events to the phone to launch the camera or take a picture or video.
approximate location (network-based) – The application has to find and connect to the micro:bit over Bluetooth low energy. Scanning for Bluetooth low energy devices needs the approximate location service.
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage and read the contents of your USB storage – The application will save scripts, photos and any content you may have created to your USB storage. The application must be able to read, write and delete these files.
full network access and view Wi-Fi connections – The application needs access to the internet to access the micro:bit website so that the user can download code samples, access the code editors and to send usage statistics.
access Bluetooth settings and pair with Bluetooth devices – The application can discover, pair and connect to the micro:bit over secure Bluetooth.
draw over other apps – The user can program the micro:bit to display alerts on the phone or find the phone.
control flashlight, control vibration and prevent phone from sleeping – This permission is used to send a visual cue that a photo or video is being captured, to send events to make the phone vibrate and to prevent your phone from sleeping when it is flashing your micro:bit. ”
– Bug fix for pairing mode on older devices
The micro:bit is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.