Download MX Player for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the MX Player for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the MX Player on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install MX Player for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the MX Player on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the MX Player on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install MX Player for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the MX Player on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the MX Player and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install MX Player for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the MX Player on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the MX Player and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the MX Player and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
|App Name||MX Player|
|Developer||MX Media (formerly J2 Interactive)|
|Update||November 22, 2021|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
MX Player FAQs, Guide, and Features
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Presenting to you MX Gold. Subscribe to get ad-free experience and early access to exclusive web shows.
– This update brings you the support for USB OTG devices (FAT32 only).
– MX Share now supports sharing files from other apps.
– Speed Controls in Local Video Player now supports direct inputs from the keyboard.
The MX Player is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.