Download Oxford Dictionary of English for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the Oxford Dictionary of English for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the Oxford Dictionary of English on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install Oxford Dictionary of English for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the Oxford Dictionary of English on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Oxford Dictionary of English on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Oxford Dictionary of English for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the Oxford Dictionary of English on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the Oxford Dictionary of English and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install Oxford Dictionary of English for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the Oxford Dictionary of English on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the Oxford Dictionary of English and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the Oxford Dictionary of English and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
Oxford Dictionary of English
|App Name||Oxford Dictionary of English|
|Developer||Google Commerce Ltd|
|Update||April 12, 2021|
|Requirement||6.0 and up|
Oxford Dictionary of English FAQs, Guide, and Features
OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH – THE AUTHORITY ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
The Oxford Dictionary of English with more than 150 years of research behind it, is globally accepted as the highest authority in the study and reference of the English language.
ODE is a valuable resource for anyone using English in an academic or professional context. Tailored to:
• Students preparing for ACT, SAT , IELTS or TOEFL exams
• Professionals actively using English
As well as anyone else who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
• The very latest 2020 word database from Oxford University Press with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• More than 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations
• Phrases– understand how a word is used in expressions by native speakers
• Special topics reference content – easily look up topic-specific content
• Word-of-the-day – expand your vocabulary by learning a new word, every day
This flagship dictionary from Oxford University Press is the best Android app for building up vocabulary, reference or use in education.
ADVANCED LEARNING TOOLS
Not sure how to spell or pronounce a certain word or phrase? The dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Fuzzy search – find a word even if you don’t know exactly how it is spelled
• Voice search – lookup a word without having to spell it
• Wild card search – use ‘*’ or ‘?’ to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Search autocomplete – displays predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup – search for compound words or phrases
• Camera search – look up words without having to type them
• Favourites list – create custom folders with lists of words
• Recent list – easily review already looked-up words
• Tap to translate entries in other apps
CUSTOMIZABLE AND USER FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE
• Optimized for Android – dark mode, support for Android 10, no permissions required, etc.
• Colourful themes – transform your learning experience with a comfortable visual layout
• Home page – an intuitive start for your journey into the English language
• Word sharing – share word definitions via the installed apps on your device
GET THE MOST WITH PREMIUM
Our premium subscription unlocks the full potential of the world’s best dictionary by providing you with the following:
• Unlimited dictionary use – unlimited access to the latest database with more than 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• Audio pronunciation – never mispronounce another word again! Available for more than 75,000 entries voiced by real British speakers
• Regular content updates – updated word database four times per year
• Offline mode – access the wealth of the word database anywhere, anytime – no Internet connection is required
• Priority support – receive an answer within 2 business days on any app-related support issue
•100% ad-free – enjoy an ad-free learning experience with no interruptions and distractions
• We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Oxford Dictionary of English is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.