Download Shadowsocks for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the Shadowsocks for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the Shadowsocks on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install Shadowsocks for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the Shadowsocks on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Shadowsocks on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Shadowsocks for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the Shadowsocks on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the Shadowsocks and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install Shadowsocks for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the Shadowsocks on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the Shadowsocks and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the Shadowsocks and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
|Update||September 17, 2021|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
Shadowsocks FAQs, Guide, and Features
Shadowsocks is a high-performance cross-platform secured socks5 proxy. It will help you surf the internet privately and securely.
*NOTE: You may need to unisntall and reinstall the app, after upgrading to 3.x or above.*
1. Bleeding edge techniques with Asynchronous I/O and Event-driven programming.
2. Low resource comsumption, suitable for low end boxes and embedded devices.
3. Avaliable on multiple platforms, including PC, MAC, Mobile (Android and iOS) and Routers (OpenWRT).
4. Open source implementions in python, node.js, golang, C#, and pure C.
Visit our project site for more details: https://www.shadowsocks.org
1. To setup your own server, please refer to: https://shadowsocks.org/en/download/servers.html
2. To view the source codes or build your own apk, please refer to: https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-android
Copyright (C) 2016 by Max Lv
Copyright (C) 2016 by Mygod Studio
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Other open source licenses can be found here: https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-android/blob/master/README.md#open-source-licenses
* Support Android 12. (#2749)
* Fixes. (#2786, #2791, #2803)
The Shadowsocks is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.