Download SmartThings for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the SmartThings for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the SmartThings on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install SmartThings for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the SmartThings on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the SmartThings on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install SmartThings for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the SmartThings on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the SmartThings and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install SmartThings for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the SmartThings on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the SmartThings and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the SmartThings and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
|Developer||Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.|
|Update||December 16, 2021|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
SmartThings FAQs, Guide, and Features
With SmartThings, you can connect and control multiple devices quicker and easier. No matter where you are, you can monitor and control smart devices, home appliances (refrigerator, wine cellar, washer, dryer, oven range, dishwasher, cooktop, robot vacuum, air conditioner, air purifier and etc.)
, TVs, and speakers registered on the server.
– Remotely control and check the status of devices registered through a Wi-Fi AP.
– Group multiple devices into a Mode and control them simultaneously.
– Configure your device settings, including the time and operating conditions, and operate them automatically.
– Invite others to a location where devices are registered to enable shared control.
– The notification feature allows you to receive status information about your device.
※ SmartThings is optimized for Samsung smartphones and watches. Some features may be limited when used with other vendors’ smartphones and watches.
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
※ You can also install SmartThings on Wear OS-based watches.
※ SmartThings for Wear OS is only available when the watch is connected to a mobile phone.
※ Wear OS supported devices: Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
Some mobile devices may not be supported.
– RAM size : 2GB over
– Galaxy : Smart View to support screen mirroring
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app. You can use the app without optional permissions, but some functions may be limited.
[Optional access permissions]
• Location: Used to find nearby devices using Bluetooth or BLE and to automate actions using GPS (GPS is optional)
• Camera: Used to scan QR codes
• Contacts: Used to get phone numbers of your contacts to send text message notifications
• Microphone: Used to provide voice control features
• Storage: Used to save data and to transfer files and content using the app
• Phone: Used to make calls on smart speakers and to show information about the sender when sharing content with another device
In the new version some features have been stabilized to provide better service.
– Change a device’s icon in its settings.
* Supported devices: Open/closed Sensors, Lighting, Multipurpose Sensors, Outlets, Switches, and the Galaxy SmartTag
– Automations tab has a search tool to quickly find Scenes, Routines, and SmartApps.
The SmartThings is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.