Download Termux for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the Termux for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the Termux on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install Termux for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the Termux on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Termux on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Termux for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the Termux on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the Termux and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install Termux for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the Termux on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the Termux and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the Termux and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
|Update||September 29, 2020|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
Termux FAQs, Guide, and Features
NOTE: If you’re having issues with installing or updating packages – see https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/wiki/Package-Management
NOTE: Updates over Google Play is currently halted due to technical reasons. In the meantime, see https://github.com/termux/termux-app#installation for alternative installation sources.
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Manage files with nnn and edit them with nano, vim or emacs.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded – desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on freenode
• Terminal emulation: fix handling of DECRQM sequence. Issue #1752.
• Fix crash when using RunCommandService and issue with foreground sessions. Pull request #1764.
• Update bootstrap archives.
The Termux is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.