Download Twilight: Blue light filter for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac
Are you looking for a way to download and install the Twilight: Blue light filter for PC and Mac? You’ve come to the right place. Because in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to download and install this app on a laptop or computer.
Both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit are compatible with these methods. If you have macOS, you can also run this app on it! The following method is straightforward and easy to do. Just make sure that you read the instruction thoroughly to install the Twilight: Blue light filter on Windows PC or Mac successfully.
How To Download and Install Twilight: Blue light filter for PC (Windows and Mac)
To download the Twilight: Blue light filter on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either Nox Player or LD Player. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Twilight: Blue light filter on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Twilight: Blue light filter for PC Using Nox Player Emulator
One of the best emulators as of now is the Nox Player. This emulator can perfectly run the Twilight: Blue light filter on your PC. To install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of Nox Player from their website.
- Once you have the Nox Player, start the installation by double-clicking the setup file and following the installation process.
- After a while, this emulator will be installed on your PC. You will find its icon on your desktop. Double click to run it.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in to your account.
- Now, look for the Twilight: Blue light filter and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation.
Method 2: Install Twilight: Blue light filter for PC Using LD Player Emulator
If you choose to install the LD Player to install the Twilight: Blue light filter on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the LD Player app and then download it to your computer.
- After you have the installer, double-click click it, and start the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, open the LD Player emulator.
- Go to the Play Store and log in to your account.
- Search for the Twilight: Blue light filter and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the home of the LD Player.
- Find the Twilight: Blue light filter and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use this app on your PC.
Twilight: Blue light filter
|App Name||Twilight: Blue light filter|
|Developer||Urbandroid (Petr Nálevka)|
|Update||November 30, 2021|
|Requirement||4.1 and up|
Twilight: Blue light filter FAQs, Guide, and Features
Are you having trouble falling asleep? Are your kids hyperactive when playing with the tablet before bed time?
Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production – a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour. See references below..
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
Get more from Twilight
1) Bed reading: Twilight is more pleasant on the eyes for night reading. Especially as it is able to lower the screen backlight far below the ability of the backligt controls on your screen
2) AMOLED screens: We have tested Twilight on an AMOLED screen for 5 years without any sign of depletion or over-burning. If properly configured Twilight causes less light emission (by enabling dimming) with more equal light distribution (dark areas of the screen such as the status bar get tinted). This may in fact increase your AMOLED screen life time.
Basics on circadian rhythm and the role of melatonin
– location – to find out your current sunset/surise times
– running apps – to stop Twilight in selected apps
– write settings – to set back-light
– network – access smartlight (Philips HUE) to shield you household light from blue
Automation (Tasker or other)
Related scientific research
Amplitude Reduction and Phase Shifts of Melatonin, Cortisol and Other Circadian Rhythms after a Gradual Advance of Sleep and Light Exposure in Humans Derk-Jan Dijk, & Co 2012
Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin Onset and Shortens Melatonin Duration in Humans Joshua J. Gooley, Kyle Chamberlain, Kurt A. Smith & Co, 2011
Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology Jeanne F. Duffy, Charles A. Czeisler 2009
Efficacy of a single sequence of intermittent bright light pulses for delaying circadian phase in humans Claude Gronfier, Kenneth P. Wright, & Co 2009
Intrinsic period and light intensity determine the phase relationship between melatonin and sleep in humans Kenneth P. Wright, Claude Gronfier & Co 2009
The Impact of Sleep Timing and Bright Light Exposure on Attentional Impairment during Night Work Nayantara Santhi & Co 2008
Short-Wavelength Light Sensitivity of Circadian, Pupillary, and Visual Awareness in Humans Lacking an Outer Retina Farhan H. Zaidi & Co, 2007
High sensitivity of the human circadian melatonin rhythm to resetting by short wavelength light. Lockley SW & Co. 2003
Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light: Jamie M Zeitzer, Derk-Jan Dijk & Co 2000
– Fix for pausing times larger than 1 minute
– Several warnings and guidance on recent Play Store secured buttons
The Twilight: Blue light filter is the property of its developer/inc. The information and contents on this website are coming from Google Play. We are not an affiliate partner with the developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
The apps listed here are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, it will be redirected to its official Play Store pages.