What is RCS Messaging and How Can Your Business Benefit from It?
For years, digital communication has been limited to the few platforms that are built by companies. These include SMS text messages, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp Messenger, and more.
However, there is a new space of communication emerging on the scene: Rich Communication Services (RCS). RCS messaging allows for many different features including video chat, voice calling, and more!
What is RCS messaging
RCS, or Rich Communication Services, are text messages that can include multimedia elements like images and videos. Unlike SMS/MMS messages which only contain 160 characters per message (not including attachments), RSC allows users to send much longer messages without having to worry about character limits.
These types of messages could also be sent between iOS devices; however, Apple’s iPhones do not yet support the technology.iPhone operating system does not currently supportsages RCS messaging features but there are plans in place for Apple to release an update in 2020 that will enable iPhone owners to use Google’s new Jibe Cloud service via their Messages app on their phones.
This would them access across all major carriers in the world, including Sprint and T-Mobile in the U.S., as well as Vodafone, Orange, Deutsche Telekom, and Globe in Europe.
RCS messaging is a great way to enhance the communication experience between customers and make sure that your business runs as smoothly as possible. The service can be used for communicating with coworkers within an office environment or even just sending important messages from you to your friends and family members who also have RCS-enabled devices.
Who supports RCS services?
A number of technology companies are supporting RCS services, including Google. Microsoft also supports RCS messaging via its Skype service.
Facebook is another company that supports RCS, but only via its WhatsApp service.
Apple has yet to support the new messaging standard. However, Apple does offer iMessage which offers similar features such as read receipts and typing indicators through end-to-end encryption.
Google also plans on integrating the “Chat” app with third-party apps such as YouTube and Google Maps.
Google will also release a developer API to allow RCS chat in third-party applications.
The new messaging service is set to be released later this year, with the majority of Android users expected to have access by 2021.
What are some positive aspects of RCS?
* If you send a picture, the other person can see it immediately
* You don’t have to worry about whether or not your message has been read – for example, if one of your friends is consistent “away from the keyboard.” Messages will always arrive and be delivered regardless of where they are.
* You don’t have to worry about whether or not the other person is using iOS, Android, Blackberry OS (etc.). The messages will work on all supported platforms.
* You can choose which contacts you want to send the message to. For example, if your mom uses an iPhone and she is on RCS but your brother does not have a smartphone, you can use non-RCS for him. The person receiving the message sees who it came from regardless of what platform they are using.
* There’s no need for separate apps or websites – everything will be handled by the phone’s default text messaging app/website (e.g., iMessage). So there won’t be any more confusion about whether you should use Snapchat over WhatsApp because everyone already knows how to use SMS!
What Are Some Negative Aspects of RSC Messaging?
The first negative aspect of RSC messaging is that it requires both the sender and recipient to have access to a computer. However, this problem can be solved by using mobile phones with apps like Whatsapp or Viber which are now compatible with PC use as well.
A second downside is that messages cannot always be sent immediately due to the time required for encoding and decoding data; however, most people will find this obvious drawback trivial because sending an instant message does not require immediate delivery either (and in some cases might even take longer).
Another issue with RSC messaging could potentially arise if one party disconnects from their network before they receive all of their messages; but again, this also happens when we send text messages on our phones so many users won’t find this to be much of a problem.
Why Businesses Are Using Chat Apps Like WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, Kik?
While email is still an effective way to communicate with people, it’s not as convenient as text messaging. Businesses have been using instant messaging apps for a while now and the trend continues to grow.
Instant messaging has advantages over other forms of communication because:
– Instant messages are always delivered immediately when they’re sent
– Messages are typically delivered faster than email, which is usually delayed unless it’s sent using a service like Gmail.
– Instant messages don’t require people to read through an entire thread of conversation before responding or forwarding the message on.
The Benefits of Using RCS Messaging for Business Communications
RCS messaging is a communication service that uses rich and interactive messaging. It can be used with all major networking providers in the United States, including AT&T®, Verizon®, Sprint®, T-Mobile®*, MetroPCS™, Cricket Wireless™, Virgin Mobile USA®, Boost Mobile™, U.S. Cellular ®, Google Fi® and others.
Email continues to be one of the most popular methods for business communications, but it has its limitations because messages can get lost or ignored in a sea of other emails that might arrive at the same time from different senders. RCS messaging offers businesses many advantages over email:
- It’s more personal – With rich messaging capabilities, RCS messaging is more engaging. Businesses can use it to send interactive messages, images, and video clips that people are much less likely to ignore than plain text emails
- It’s easier on the eyes – A message sent via email might look like a dump of words on a page, making it hard for busy executives or other professionals to read. RCS messages are designed to be easy on the eyes, making it easier for people to read them
- It’s better at managing customer relationships – You can give your customers an in-app experience with interactive messages that allow you to capture their attention and motivate them. Interactive messages include surveys, event RSVPs, alerts about purchases, and more
- It’s easier to build trust – There are many things that make it difficult for your customers to trust you. With RCS messaging, all the advantages listed above help businesses create a better experience for their customers which builds greater customer loyalty and stronger relationships with them
With the right strategy, you can get a lot of results from your RCS messaging. It is important to ensure that all stakeholders are on board with this method and understand why it needs to happen. If not, then simply having an open conversation about what will be happening may help them transition into using RCS more often. When people use RCS messaging, they will find that it can help them save a lot of time and money